If someone becomes ill or is injured and requires medical attention:
- Call 9.911 and advise them of your location and the nature of the victim's illness/injury. Send someone to wait by the building entry door to direct emergency personnel to the victim's location.
- Unless trained in emergency first aid procedures and CPR, do not attempt to render any first aid before trained assistance arrives. Notify Building Management.
- Do not attempt to move the person who has fallen.
- Comfort the victim and reassure them that medical assistance is on the way.
- Be aware of hazards associated with Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP). Do not come into contact with bodily fluids.
- After the victim’s immediate needs have been taken care of, remain to assist security/medical services with pertinent information about the incident.
- Any personnel who might have been exposed to an infectious material should seek medical attention for follow-up as soon as possible.