Chemicals, leaking gas, faulty boilers or falling aircraft could all be the cause of life-endangering explosions.
If you hear or are a victim of an explosion
- Remain Calm.
- Call 9.911 and advise them of your location and description of what occurred and what you observed.
- Be prepared for further explosions.
- Move to a protected area.
- Stay away from windows, mirrors, overhead fixtures, filing cabinets, bookcases, electrical equipment and large, heavy, unstable objects.
- Be guided by police and fire department personnel. If an evacuation is ordered, proceed to one of the designated assembly areas.
- Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious immediate danger (i.e. fire, building collapse, etc.).
- Open doors carefully and watch for falling objects.
- Do not use elevators.
- If requested, accompany and assist persons with disabilities who appear to need direction or assistance.
- Do not use matches or lighters.
- Only use telephones to contact 9.911.
- Prior planning includes being familiar with possible hazards in your building and knowing evacuation routes, location of nearest pull station and fire extinguishers.
For Explosions Dial: 9.911
Then Notify Facilities Services #8173