Notification Procedure in Case of a Fire or Other Emergency:
- Pick up the campus phone and dial 9.911
- When talking to the emergency dispatcher remain calm and give them the following information:
- Your name and phone number
- Your exact location including building name, floor number and room number.
- Type of emergency you are reporting (fire, injury, etc.)
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher has all the information and hangs up first.
- Wear your seat belt at all times, driver or passenger.
- Yield the right of way to any emergency vehicle.
- Use caution near all pedestrians.
- Complete the Van Driving Safety course prior to operating a 15-passenger van.
- Report any vehicle maintenance or repair needs to Facilities Services at 8137 immediately.
- Always practice good housekeeping procedures.
- Recycle if possible.
- Do not block doorways or prop open fire doors.
- Keep aisles, hallways and stairs clear.
- Keep areas around emergency equipment (hose reels, fire extinguishers, pull stations, etc.) clear of obstructions.
- Do not allow someone to “tailgate” behind you when you enter a locked building or area.
- From midnight to 6 am all security doors must be closed and locked in the residence halls.
- Correct unsafe conditions when you are able to and/or report the condition to your supervisor and Facilities Services at #8173.
- Develop and maintain safe work and/or study practices and encourage others to do the same.
- Use proper personal protective equipment at all times.
- Only smoke in designated areas.
- Do not possess or use alcohol and/or drugs (unless prescribed by a physician) on Waldorf University property.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER: 9.911