If a water leak occurs
- Remain calm.
- Notify Facilities Services and report the exact location and severity of the leak.
- If there are electrical appliances or outlets near the leak, use extreme caution. If there is any possible danger, evacuate the area immediately.
- If you know the source of the water and are confident of your ability to stop the flow (i.e. unclog the drain, turn off the water, etc.,) then do so.
- Be prepared to assist as directed in protecting objects that are in jeopardy. Take necessary steps to avoid or reduce immediate water damage such as covering objects with plastic sheeting or moving small or light objects out of danger.
- Serious water damage can occur from a number of sources such as broken pipes, clogged drains, damaged skylights or windows, or construction related incidents.
Facilities Services Emergency Phone Number Dial: 8173
After Hours Dial: 9-585-6801