Members of the U.S. National Guard are eligible to receive tuition assistance through their appropriate branch.
Army National Guard
The Army National Guard (ARNG) provides Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) to soldiers meeting the following eligibility requirements:
- attend an accredited institution
- be a traditional ARNG soldier in 'active drilling' status
- must remain in ARNG during term of courses
- officers must serve four years after completion of their final FTA approved course
- must not be receiving ROTC scholarships
If you meet these guidelines, you become eligible the day you join ARNG. ARNG FTA operates on a limited budget and is not a guaranteed benefit. If you are approved, FTA will cover:
- $250 per semester credit hour and $285 per credit hour for graduate students
- Fees up to $500
- Note: FTA will not exceed $4,000 per fiscal year
- 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) per fiscal year
Soldiers will be eligible for Army Tuition Assistance (ATA) upon successfully completing one year of military service following graduation from Advanced Individual Training.
Soldiers can use ATA for a second, higher-level degree (post bachelor's) once they have 10 years of service, if any portion of the undergraduate degree was funded with ATA. There is no 10-year requirement if ATA did not fund any portion of your undergraduate work.
Soldiers can utilize ATA to cover up to 130 semester hours toward a bachelor's degree and 39 semester hours toward a graduate degree.
Soldiers may complete one degree at the bachelor's and at the master's level.
Air National Guard
The Air National Guard (ANG) provides FTA to all eligible members. If approved, you will receive:
- $250 per semester credit hour and $275 per credit hour for graduate students
- $4,000 per fiscal year
For assistance applying to Waldorf through using ANG educational benefits, please contact email@example.com