Eligible active-duty members of the U.S. Coast Guard may receive Coast Guard Tuition Assistance (CGTA) for classes taken off-duty. CGTA may fund courses for eligible participants 75 percent of the amount paid for tuition and fees up to the maximum amount of:
- $250 per semester credit hour and $275 per credit hour for graduate students
- 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) per fiscal year
For assistance applying to Waldorf through the NKO or WebTA Portal, please contact email@example.com.
If your education service officer uses the automated TA process via the NKO Portal, you may access the NKO website here: https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/portal/home/
You may access the SOP on how to complete the WEBTA process here: http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg1/cgi/active_duty/pay_for_college/ta/SOP_eTA_Member.pdf
The following rules apply to Coast Guard Members applying for CGTA:
- Coast Guard members must be on active duty or a Reservist on long-term orders greater than 180 days.
- CGTA is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Credit hours are counted from course start dates.
- If applicable, Coast Guard members must show satisfactory progress toward completion of unit qualifications.
- If applicable, Coast Guard members must satisfactory progress toward watch station qualifications.
- Coast Guard members must display satisfactory proficiency of craft.
- Coast Guard members must have satisfactory conduct during the six months prior.
- Enlisted members must complete all courses authorized by CGTA prior to discharge retirement or RELAD.
- Officers must complete one year of service after completion of the authorized course.
TA is available to members seeking their first degree. TA is no longer authorized for members pursuing an additional degree at the same or lower level.