Scholarships - Hero Behind the Hero
Hero Behind the Hero Scholarship Program
Waldorf University is proud to award eight scholarships through the Hero Behind the Hero Scholarship Program. Waldorf recognizes the sacrifices made by the family members of America’s military men and women, and public safety personnel (firefighters, law enforcement officers, EMTs & dispatchers).
Four scholarships will be awarded to the spouse or child of a National Guard or active military man or woman and four will be awarded to the spouse or child of public safety personnel.
The scholarship will cover up to 60 credit hours toward one online degree program. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first.
This scholarship covers tuition only. Textbooks will be covered by Waldorf University’s Loan a Book program. All student fees are the responsibility of the student.
Two scholarships (one for the military spouse or child and one for the public safety personnel spouse or child) will be presented on the award date listed.
Application Period / Award Month
|Scholarship Application Period
||Scholarship Award Month
|January 1 – February 28
|April 1 – May 31
|July 1 – August 31
|October 1 – November 30
Eligibility for Online Students
- Eligible candidates must have a high school transcript or equivalent (GED).
- Scholarship applicants must be available to begin their coursework within 90 days of the date of the award.
- Capable of maintaining a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduae GPA - Students who have previous college experience must meet Waldorf University Online academic requirements for admission to the university.
- Remain in good standing with Waldorf University throughout his or her degree program, and maintain continuous enrollment in their degree program.
- Current Waldorf University students must already meet these requirements to be considered
Acceptable Verification Documentation Includes:
- A Statement of Employment on Company Letterhead from a Superior
- Copy of an Employment ID Card
Active/Reserve Military: **By law Waldorf CANNOT accept a copy of Military ID**
- Copy of Tricare Card or Tricare Memorandum on letterhead.
- Copy of Orders
- Letter from the Military Member's Command
Apply for the Hero Behind the Hero Scholarship Today!
Please contact 877-267-2157, ext. 1590 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to learn more about the educational opportunities available through Waldorf University.