Waldorf University partners with the National Sheriff’s Association to offer a scholarship to one of their members, once a year in honor of John Thompson, NSA Deputy Executive Director. Just as Waldorf University works tirelessly to provide educational opportunities to criminal justice professionals, John Thompson extends that mission by working to provide the police training, general law enforcement information resources that sheriff’s need to best serve their officers and their communities.
The scholarship will cover up to 60 credit hours toward one online degree program. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first.
- Must be nominated by a National Sherriff’s Association member (members may nominate themselves)
- High school transcript or equivalent (GED),
- Maintain a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA. Students who have previous college experience must meet Waldorf University Online academic requirements for admission to the university.
- Maintain continuous enrollment in his or her degree program
- Current Waldorf students must already meet these requirements to be considered.
The scholarship will open on February 22 and will close on November 15. Applicants will be required to submit verification of their membership as well as short essay questions. The Waldorf University scholarship committee will select a winner, and will be announced on December 1. For any questions/concerns please email our scholarship liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.