Program participants receive valuable connections to faculty, beneficial out-of-classroom experiences and extraordinary opportunities in internships, research and self-empowerment. Offering living-and-learning communities outside of the regular classroom setting provides the student valuable social connections within their field of interest. These opportunities allow our students to grow both personally and professionally enabling them to become exceptional contributors to society.
- Contribute to the COMMUNITY of Waldorf University, Pillars program, academic major and Forest City.
- Allow individual PASSION to serve as a compass along their educational journey.
- Understand and contribute to the TRADITION of Waldorf University.
- Be in continual pursuit of SUCCESS pre- and post-graduation.
"Waldorf University’s mission is to educate the entire person, equipping students for lives of fulfillment in communities where they live and serve. We are pleased to be able to offer the Pillars Program which provide students more affordable opportunities to grow both personally and professionally enabling them to become exceptional contributors to society." — President, Dr. Alsop
The Pillars Program rewards qualified high school and transfer students with scholarship support through graduation. This program also provides unique benefits to the students such as:
- Collaboration with like-minded students
- Research opportunities and experiences
- Hands-on out-of-the-classroom experiences
- Network opportunities
- Leadership opportunities
- Service opportunities
- Vocational preparation
Who can apply?
- New residential students intending to enroll and seek a four-year degree at Waldorf University
- Students with a solid academic track record and motivation to succeed
- Students with demonstrated abilities to impact and influence others in a positive way
- Students seeking community centered living-and-learning environments to thrive in
- Students looking for connection outside of the classroom setting
- Students seeking affordable avenues to fund their education
- Complete free Waldorf Admissions Application
- Indicate "Pillars" under "Activity or Athletic Sport"
- Qualifying students may compete for a limited number of select Pillars Program scholarships, including up to full tuition. Complete the Pillars Program Form and indicate "Scholarship" under "Pillars Participation Interest" to apply for this scholarship opportunity. If you would like to be included as a participant only in the Pillars Program, please select "Program".
- Pillars Scholarship recipients are selected and financial scholarships are granted based upon:
- What is important to you
- Your curiosity and commitment to learning
- Your desire to live on campus and be a part of the University community
- Academic record, tests scores, faculty/advisor recommendation
- References from teachers and community members who know you well
- Video chat or personal on campus visit
The following list is a sample of opportunities that our Pillars graduates have gone on to accomplish.
- Accepted to Wilmington University, Wilmington, Del., to pursue Masters of Science in Human Resource Management
- Full-time 2-year Mayo Research Technician, Mayo, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Full-time Staff Accountant, Hogan & Hansen, Ames, Iowa
- Full-time Mental Health Counselor, Minnesota Mental Health Clinics, Eagan, Minn.
- Internship as Youth Counselor at Forest Ridge in Gruver, Iowa
- Full-time Supported Community Living Staff, Duncan Heights, Inc., Garner, Iowa
- Full-time Care Assistant, Mosaic, Forest City, Iowa
- Part-time Sales/Management at McCubbin Trophy & Engraving, Forest City, Iowa