Mississippi Fire Service Memorial Scholarship
Waldorf University partners with the Mississippi Fire Chiefs and Firefighters Association to offer an annual scholarship to one of their members. The scholarship will cover up to 60 credit hours toward one online degree program. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first.
This scholarship covers tuition only. All student fees are the responsibility of the student.
Scholarship applications will be accepted between August 1 and November 15. This scholarship will be awarded at the Mississippi Mid-Winter Fire Chief Conference held in December this year.
- Must enroll in an emergency management service program (or a related program) to which will aid in the betterment of the employee’s professional development as a member of the emergency services industry.
- Must provide membership card or a letter from the association secretary confirming membership.
- Must be available to begin coursework within 90 days of the date of the award.
- Must be capable of maintaining a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA. Students who have previous college experience must meet Waldorf University Online academic requirements for admission to the university.
- Membership Card or letter from the association secretary confirming the member’s active membership.