This information pertains to returning students only. New students will be assigned into housing in June.
- Theme Houses & Timberland Apartment Applications Due
March 4, 2022
- Theme Houses & Timberland Apartment Dates
Interview week begins: March 14, 2022
Decision week: March 21-20, 2022, students will be notified if they are selected for a Timberland Apartment or theme house
- Housing Sign-Up Week
March 28-April 1, 2022
Online housing sign-up 12-5 p.m. each day, send requests to email@example.com
- Online summer Housing Sign-Up
April 4-May 1, 2022
Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing Contract, Meal Plan Selection, Parking Lot Preference Due
May 1, 2022
Send requests to email@example.com
Housing Selection Process
How and when do I sign up for housing?
Virtual Housing Sign-Up Week
Fall housing sign-up for returning students is through a virtual sign-up process. Students will request housing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org on their designated housing sign-up day. Students must email Residence Life with their top 3 building and floor preferences (3 separate building requests), single room or roommate preference, meal plan preference and parking lot preference. Single rooms will be offered at a limited availability. Students who desire to receive their preferred parking lot assignment must include their parking lot preference with their housing preferences to ensure they receive their parking preference as parking availability will be limited.
- Seniors (86+ credits earned at completion of the fall 2021 semester):
- Monday, March 28, 2022 - All seniors signing up for fall housing must email email@example.com from 12-5 p.m. CST
- Juniors (54-85 credits earned at completion of the fall 2021 semester):
- Tuesday, March 29, 2022 - All juniors signing up for fall housing must email firstname.lastname@example.org from 12-5 p.m. CST
- Sophomores (53-24 credits earned at completion of the fall 2021 semester):
- Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - All sophomores signing up for fall housing must email email@example.com from 12-5 p.m. CST
- Freshman (23 or less credits earned):
- Thursday, March 31, 2022 - All freshmen signing up for fall housing must email firstname.lastname@example.org from 12-5 p.m. CST
- //All remaining returning students who missed their sign-up day
- Friday, April 1, 2022 - All remaining returning students who missed their sign-up day must email email@example.com from 12-5 p.m. CST
Note: Returning students who missed housing sign-up week and are ineligible to live off campus will be automatically assigned into housing through the Residence Life Office by May 1, 2022. Students who prefer input in their fall housing and roommate assignment must email firstname.lastname@example.org with their housing/roommate preferences before this date.
Students will be assigned into housing based on the order their housing preferences were received through email@example.com between the hours of 12-5 p.m. CST. If a student submits their housing preferences on the wrong day, their requests will be pushed back to the next housing-sign up day. Emails received before 12 p.m. CST will be disqualified for that day and be pushed back to the next housing sign-up day. Only one email per student per day allowed.
Updates on what spaces are available will be provided each day as rooms are claimed.
Residence Life will send students a confirmation email of their fall housing assignment and roommate the week of March 28-April 1, 2022. Those students not receiving their preferred housing assignment may be placed on a waiting list for their preferred hall or single room request.
Sign Up for Housing
Housing sign-up will be based on the number of credits earned by the end of the fall 2020 semester. It is each student’s responsibility to know how many credits he or she has. If a student signs up with the wrong class, the student will be placed at the bottom of the appropriate class.
- Senior: 86+ credits earned at the completion of the fall 2021 semester.
- Junior: 54-85 credits earned at the completion of the fall 2021 semester.
- Sophomore: 53-24 credits earned at the completion of the fall 2021 semester.
- Freshman: 23 or less credits earned.
*Credits do not include enrolled spring 2022 credits or 2022 summer session credits
Theme Houses and Timberland Apartments
Theme house and Timberland applications are due to the Office of Student Life by 4 p.m. on March 4. Interviews for both will be held the week of March 14, 2022. Selections for Theme Houses and Timberland Apartments will be sent out through email the week of March 21, 2022.
Students are responsible for reading the housing agreement and seeking clarification regarding the housing process. View the housing contract.
As indicated in the housing contract, all residential students (except for those in Timberland) are required to have a meal plan. Requests for exemption need to be made to the Vice President of Student Life.
Find out information about housing rates.
Summer Housing is available for current students from May 9, 2022 through July 15, 2022. Students will be assigned to a double room in Breen. Single rooms are offered on a limited availability. Current Timberland residents (for spring 2022 semester) may reside in Timberland until May 31, 2022. Timberland and Theme Houses are closed for summer. Students in summer housing who are planning on residing on campus for the fall 2022 semester, will transfer to their fall housing assignment in late July. Students in summer housing who reside off campus for the fall 2022 semester must check out of their summer housing room by July 15, 2022. Students will be notified of their housing assignment and roommate by May 2, 2022.
Find out information about our summer housing rates.