Students interested in any area of the field of criminal justice are encouraged to join the Criminal Justice Club. Criminal Justice Club is designed for students who want to learn outside of the classroom and go beyond their undergraduate education. Interest in any aspect of the criminal justice system is a must with a focus on social science research and criminal justice reform being ideal, but not necessary components. As an extension of the criminal justice curriculum, this group offers opportunities for leadership and development in:
- Leadership in criminal justice club, community, and professional organizations
- Organize events promoting awareness of current societal and criminal justice issues
- Job shadowing and internships with working professionals
- Opportunities to be involved in faculty research
- Professional development relevant to future careers
Participants could also receive a scholarship through the Pillars Program.