The Pillar Scholarship for Art recognizes students who envision the arts as foundational to human expression. Art gives form to ideas and feelings, beauty and emotions, and is therapeutic by creating a window to self-discovery, exploring the boundaries and the very depths of one’s being. Students in the Art program form a network of gifted people committed to expressing themselves through various mediums: drawing, painting, ceramics or sculpture. And extension of the Art Minor, the Art Scholarship encourages opportunities for creativity:
- A membership to the Waldorf Art Club empowers students and advisors to enhance and to develop creative activities and to raise art awareness across campus. Waldorf Art members collaborate with a faculty/staff advisory group, making recommendations on how art is displayed in public areas around campus.
- Art Scholars assist with hanging art exhibits in the university art gallery.
- Art Scholars participate in planning and setting up the annual Northern Iowa 18-school wide Art and Creative Writing contest held in May and hosted on the Waldorf University campus.
- Networking for students is available with local art teachers at high school, middle and elementary schools.
- Art Pillar students coordinate with local art teachers to present to younger students art projects and activities, expanding their horizons
Learn How You Can Receive a Scholarship for Participation in this Organization