The Pillars Scholarship program at Waldorf University provides students focused on academic, leadership, or service, opportunities for enrichment while pursuing their individual degrees. This co-curricular program, offered to residential students, brings together people from a broad range of backgrounds and disciplines. The goal for scholars in this program is to improve their life, their education, and the campus as a whole. Participation in this program enriches the student experience by providing new opportunities in service, research, public speaking, and innovative curriculum. Through these endeavors, our students are able to enhance their academic journey both personally and professionally.
- Living and learning environments outside of the classroom through rooming assignments and out of classroom experiences.
- Participation in hands-on opportunities reflective to the scholarship areas.
- Completion of a culminating project with end of semester presentation opportunities.
- Special programming for each student.
- Higher level advisement.
Scholarship areas include:
"These areas represent the four pillars of Waldorf University: tradition, passion, community and success. We are pleased to be able to offer the Pillars Scholarship which will make it more affordable for students to participate in these areas that are so central to our mission." — President, Dr. Alsop
The Pillars Scholarship program rewards qualified high school students with up to full tuition support for all four years and also includes benefits such as:
- Internship opportunities.
- Research opportunities.
- Connections to faculty.
- Leadership and service project opportunities.
- Higher level university advisement by Director of Academic Outreach.
- Who can apply?
- New residential students intending to enroll and seek a four-year degree at Waldorf University.
- Students who do not plan to receive any Waldorf scholarships for NAIA sanctioned team participation.
- Students with a solid academic track record and motivation to succeed.
- Students with demonstrated abilities to impact and influence others in a positive way.
- Students seeking community centered living-and-learning environments to thrive in.
- Students looking for connection outside of the classroom setting.
- Students seeking affordable avenues to fund their education.
*these scholarships cannot be combined with athletics or fine-arts scholarships.
- Application guidelines
- Complete free Waldorf Admissions Application
- Indicate program of interest on application: Pillars Scholarship Program
- Complete the free Pillars Scholarship Application