Rasika Mohottige, PhD after completing his Bachelor of Science and a Master of Philosophy in physics, he then attended the University of North Dakota, where he earned his PhD in Physics. After graduating, he was hired as a postdoctoral research associate at Rowan University, New Jersey. At the same time, he was appointed as a Visiting Scientist at Rutgers University, New Jersey.
Dr. Rasika Mohottige joined Waldorf University in August 2021. Before coming to Waldorf, he taught different upper- and lower-level Physics courses at the university and college levels in Sri Lanka and the USA.
Mohottige is interested in both experimental and theoretical physics. His primary motivation is to synthesize new materials and study their electronic and chemical properties experimentally and theoretically. He has a strong background in many aspects of operating Scanning Tunneling Microscopy, Low Energy Electron Diffraction, Auger Electron Spectroscopy, X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy and a strong background on Numerical Simulations on thin-films. Mohottige's primary goal is to optimize the balance between classroom knowledge and practical skills in the laboratory, as he is an experimental physicist.
Dr. Mohottige has published several papers in peer-reviewed international scientific journals, and is actively serving as a reviewer of highly esteemed international scientific journals. He has also presented his research in many national and international meetings and conferences.
Mohottige lives in Forest City with his wife, Indu, and two sons, Chamathka and Senul. He loves to play cricket, and plays as a top-order batsman in several cricket leagues in New Jersey, North Dakota and Minnesota. Also, he spends his leisure time with his family traveling, camping and shopping when they get the opportunity.
- Aug 2021-Assistant Professor of Physics at Waldorf University, Iowa
- Jul 2018-Dec 2021 Visiting Scientist, Physics Department Rutgers University, N.J.
- Sep 2018-2021 Adjunct Professor, Physics Department College of Staten Island, N.Y.
- Jan 2019-2021 Adjunct Professor, Middlesex County College, N.J.
- Jan-May 2020 Adjunct Professor of Physics, Bloomfield College, N.J.
- Jul 2018-Aug 2020 Postdoctoral Researcher, Physics Department, Rowan University, N.J.
- Aug 2012-May 2018 Graduate Research Assistant, University of North Dakota, N.D.
- Jul 2010-Aug 2012 Lecturer in Physics, Department of Physical Sciences, Rajarata University, Sri Lanka.
- Jul 2010-Aug 2012 Visiting Lecturer in Physics, Department of Physical Sciences, Sabaragamuwa University, Sri Lanka.
- Jan 2008-May 2010 Visiting Lecturer, Physics Department, Open University of Sri Lanka.
Selected Publications (Peer-reviewed journals):
1. Rasika N Mohottige, Sandanuwan P.Kalawila Vithanage. “Numerical simulation on new device architecture for CIGS based thin-film solar cells using 1D-SCAPS simulator”,Photochemistry & Photobiology A:Chemistry, 407(2021).
2. S. Pathirana, Rasika Mohottige, N. Oncel, Deniz Cakir, D.Siriwardana, “CrSi2 crystallites on Si (110)”, Surface Science 703 (2021).
3. Rasika N Mohottige, Soumya Banerjee, Nuri Oncel. “Coulomb blockade and negative differential resistance at room temperature:Self-assembled quantum dots on Silicon(110) surface”Surface Science 677, (2018).
4. Fatima, Ismail Can Oguz, Deniz Çakır, Sehtab Hossain, Rasika N Mohottige, Oguz Gulseren, Nuri Oncel. “Physical and electronic properties of Iridium-silicide nanowires on Si (001) surface”, J.Appl. Phys., 120, 095303, 2016 (published on the cover of the journal)
5. Rasika N Mohottige, Nuri Oncel.“Iridium-silicide nanowires on Si (110) surface”,Surface Science 641, 237 (2015)