Per local and state health officials and CDC guidelines Waldorf University will follow recommendations in the following areas. (We will adjust our best practices as CDC adjustment occurs.)
Hand Washing, Sanitation, Face Coverings, Social Distancing:
Everyone entering Waldorf University facilities will be required to observe safety practices:
- Stay home if they have a fever, symptom of COVID-19, or just not feeling well.
- Hand washing or use of hand sanitizer.
- Wear face coverings over the nose and mouth at all times in common areas where social distancing cannot be observed.
- Social distancing (six foot spacing) will be required at all times.
Social Distancing Guidelines
In adherence to CDC Guidelines the following expectations will be implemented:
- Meetings should follow CDC guidelines for group size or be held in the virtual format if possible.
- All employees and students are expected to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other individuals.
- Room spaces will be limited to 50% of maximum capacity based on square footage.
- Employees and students are expected to wash their hands frequently with soap and water, using hand sanitizer in between washings after touching other surfaces or objects.
- Employees and students are expected to stay at home when they are not feeling well and consult with their healthcare practitioner if they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
- In accordance with CDC Guidelines, if an employee or student is experiencing fever or respiratory symptoms, they are to:
- Share this information with their direct supervisor (or instructor in the case of a student) or Human Resources as soon as possible.
- They will be directed to leave the facility and contact their healthcare provider.
- They will not be allow to return to work or class and should self-quarantine until they:
- Have had no fever and have not used fever reducing medications for at least 72 hours, and
- Their other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared if COVID confirmed positive.
Respect for Persons: Employee and student commitment to safety protocols:
- Symptom screening of all students will be conducted upon initial return to campus.
- Employees will continue to self-screen daily for symptoms upon return to campus.
- Disposable equipment will be utilized when applicable.
- Reusable supplies and equipment will be disinfected before each class session by the room user, in between student use, and after the lab sessions. This will be completed with disinfectant wipes, bleach, alcohol wipes and/or hand sanitizers available in the classroom.
- Hand hygiene will be required by students and staff.
- PPE will be utilized in accordance with the most recent recommendation of program (where applicable), or public health officials. ALL students, faculty, and staff wear face coverings over the nose and mouth at all times in common areas where social distancing cannot be observed.
- Students and staff will maintain 6 foot required social distancing at all times.
- Education regarding PPE and social distance requirements will be placed throughout high traffic areas.
- Each department must follow the sanitation and safety protocols for their area/program.
- Each department or office area will assume disinfecting responsibly for their work areas by wiping down door handles, light switches, key boards, pens, calculators, phone, etc. with bleach wipes.
COVID Health Screening Assessment Tool is completed and approved by Human Resources