We know you have questions about how Waldorf University is helping to protect you and our campus. That's why we've created a website where you can get the information all in one place.
If you're a student on campus having COVID-19 symptoms or have general medical questions, call Student Health Services at 641.590.0619. If you need immediate health assistance, call 911.
Reporting & Right to Privacy
Waldorf University is committed to data transparency by reporting the number of active positive COVID-19 cases among the Waldorf community. In an effort to keep our community informed about the present COVID status on our residential campus, at this time, Waldorf will report updated numbers on our website as those numbers change. Should the need arise to report on a daily basis as was previously the case that mitigation will be reinstated. To respect people's privacy, Waldorf will not release specific information about individuals who are in quarantine or isolation.
When a positive case arises, additional information will be provided through contact tracing to individuals who have had direct contact with the COVID-19 positive individual(s) (within six feet for 15 consecutive minutes or more).
We are following these closely and continue to update our policies in accordance with new information. When students test positive, they follow these steps:
- Student shares symptoms or results with Student Health Services.
- Student Health Services will do contact tracing with the student.
- Identified exposures will be contacted.
- Meals are delivered to isolated or quarantined students.
- Athletes that tested positive can return to their activities once cleared by a doctor.
- Positive for Covid-19
- Fully vaccinated students and unvaccinated students that test positive for Covid-19 are placed into isolation at home or in a specified campus housing location for 10 days.
- Exposed to Covid-19
- Fully vaccinated students that have been exposed to someone who has Covid-19, do not need to quarantine or get tested unless they have symptoms.
- Unvaccinated students that have been exposed to someone with Covid-19, will need to quarantine at home or in a specified campus housing location. Quarantine is for 10 days without testing or for 7 days after receiving a negative test result (test must occur on day 5 or later).
Additional Information about COVID-19 can be found on the following websites:
Updated June 20, 2021