We know you have questions about how Waldorf University is helping to protect you and our campus. That's why we've created a website where you can get the information all in one place.
If you're a student on campus having COVID-19 symptoms or have general medical questions, call Student Health Services at 641.590.0619. If you need immediate health assistance, call 911.
Reporting & Right to Privacy
Waldorf University is committed to data transparency by reporting the number or active positive COVID-19 cases among the Waldorf community. In an effort to keep our community informed about the present COVID status on our residential campus, Waldorf will report our updated numbers daily on our website as well as in a weekly email by 4:30 p.m. each Friday. To respect people's privacy, Waldorf will not release specific information about individuals who are in quarantine or isolation.
When a positive case arises, additional informatoin will be provided through contact tracing to individuals who have had direct contact with the COVID-19 positive individual(s) (within six feet for 15 consecutive minutes or more).
We are following these closely and continue to update our policies in accordance with new information. When students test positive, they follow these steps:
- Student shares results with Health Services and then is placed into self-isolation in Ras Hall (or returns home if student chooses) for 10 days
- Students must remain in their room during self-isolation
- Health Services work with student on contact tracing
- Identified exposures are contacted and placed in quarantine for 14 days
- Meals are delivered to isolated and quarantined students at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Self-isolated students return to class and activities if symptom free after 10 days
- Quarantined students return to class and activities after 14 days
- Athletes can return to their activities once cleared by doctor
Additional Information about COVID-19 can be found on the following websites: