I hope you are well, but hearing from many of you, I know you have been going through a lot. From taking on extra work to help with family finances to assisting with sick family members and friends, let alone adjusting to social distancing, new living arrangements, and distance education. I am proud of how you have persevered through these challenges. One of the most frustrating aspects of this situation is dealing with the unknown. At times you have had questions for me that I have been unable to answer. Please know we are constantly working through these complex situations, knowing what is at stake for you as a student. In particular, I know that credit/refund for housing has been of particular concern for many of you. The COVID-19 Response Team has been analyzing our policies and procedures, as well as receiving guidance from the Department of Education on how to best handle federal aid adjustments to student accounts. This has been a lengthy and difficult process due to the unprecedented impact this pandemic has created not only in higher education, but also throughout our country/world.
The following outlines the adjustments that will be made to your student account if you resided on campus and purchased a Room and/or Board/Residential Meal Plan with Waldorf University for spring 2020 semester:
Waldorf COVID-19 Credit/Refund Policy:
Please note we are using credit/refund as the defining action to your account(s) in the situations below since students will experience variation on how their account(s) are impacted based upon their account balance(s).
- If the adjustment to your account creates a credit balance in both your student and miscellaneous accounts, we will refund that dollar amount to you in the form of a check.
- If your account has a balance due, and the credit adjustment is not in excess of the balance due on your student and miscellaneous accounts, your account(s) will be credited and you would not receive a refund check. However, it will decrease the balance owed on your account(s).
SCHOLARSHIPS – We will not be adjusting your scholarships for spring semester. Students will maintain their full award for the spring 2020 semester.
ROOM – Waldorf will credit/refund 100% of the room charge for students starting on March 22 for those that were not able to return after spring break.
- Applicable only to students who were on campus after spring break: If you moved out after March 22, we will use your official move-out date to calculate the credit/refund portion.
- Students that remained on campus through spring 2020 semester will not see a credit/refund issued to their student account(s).
BOARD/RESIDENTIAL MEAL PLAN – Applicable only to students who did not return/remain on campus through/after spring break: Waldorf will credit/refund 100% of the 49 days for students who moved off campus March 22.
- Applicable only to students who were on campus after spring break: If you moved out after March 22, we will use your official move-out date to calculate the prorated credit/refund portion.
- Students that remained on campus with a residential meal plan through spring semester will receive a 20% credit/refund due to reduced dining options during the COVID-19 pandemic.
FEES – Every spring 2020 full-time student who has not withdrawn, both on campus & off campus will receive a $50 credit/refund to their student account.
The account adjustments will be complete by May 25.
We will mail refund checks to the home address on file if the actions of the credit/refund process result in a credit balance.
I wish you all well on finals this week. You are all warriors, and I believe each of you have it inside of you to finish the semester out strong! I miss seeing you on campus, but I am looking forward to next fall when we can all be together again!