Position Duties / Responsibilities
Information about YouthWorks
Are you looking for a job that develops your leadership skills, builds your resume, puts you in cross-cultural settings, and even pays you? YouthWorks is a Christian, nonprofit organization that provides Christ-centered mission trips for more than 20,000 teenagers and adult leaders in over 50 communities across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. We hire college and post-college-age staff to facilitate mission trips on each one of our sites. In the midst of managing around 70 students and adult leaders on a mission trip each week, our staff teams cultivate relationships, develop their relational and organizational skills, and deepen their faith. All our ministry positions are paid. For more information, see our website: https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
Staff work together to create a spiritually focused and servant-centered mission site. All staff participate in evening programming in a leadership capacity and interact with youth at every opportunity. Other responsibilities include building relationships with community members, coordinating one meal a day, and having a weekly check-in time with your supervisor. Staff must be flexible, teachable, and willing to grow in all areas.
Facilitate ministry experiences while you provide authentic leadership. Manage the overall operations and programming of a site, while assisting with daily service and ministry projects. Supervise, encourage and coach a minimum of three Site Coordinators. Provide leadership for Adult Leaders and help them process their mission week. Develop meaningful relationships as you act as a liaison between YouthWorks and the community. Oversee finances with integrity and maintain the overall spiritual focus of the mission site. Play an important role in connecting teenagers to God, each other and communities.
- Lead morning devotions
- Participate in evening programming and worship
- Facilitate a team of students in meal preparation
- Engage throughout the day with churches, including youth and Adult Leaders
- Engage in respectful service and regularly communicate with community partners
- Site preparations including inventory, shopping and confirming service schedules
- College graduate or must have at least four years of post-high school experience
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
- Desire to serve the Church
- Able to relate to youth
- Model servant leadership
- Have a teachable spirit
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to lead a team
- Management experience/ability
- Must meet our driving requirements of being 20 years of age or older during YouthWorks summer dates and have a valid U.S. driver’s license Previous YW summer staff experience is helpful but not required
$4,250 + food/gas/housing
Dates of Employment
The dates for full-summer employment for Site Directors are May 20th
For more information or to apply please visit our website https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.