The Youth Recovery Advocate will supervise and care for residents of the house on a rotating on-duty, off-duty basis, while providing an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust. This is a part-time advocate and part-time direct care position.
The Youth Recovery Advocate will be primarily responsible for the daily living routine and general management of the house so that each resident can grow and develop as an individual to his/her fullest capacity. There will then be specific times that are dedicated to the advocate specific duties. The advocate specific duties will be to support each and every youth from their first day to months after they leave the facility. The Youth Recovery Advocate will be responsible for making sure that all the youth has their basic needs met and will advocate to get them more resources, supports, and community involvement.
- Relates to participants in a caring, supportive, and therapeutic manner:
- Takes an active interest in each participant as an individual and deals respectfully with his/her thoughts, feelings, and choices.
- Listens effectively to participants.
- Respects the individual participant's rights to make their own decisions and to deal with the consequences and reactions to those decisions.
- Supervises Mentors and 12 Step Contacts.
- Assures proper coverage is available for the program.
- Provides the necessary amount of structure to facilitate growth and productive functioning of the program.
- Provides for the daily maintenance of the program and assures that safe living conditions are provided in compliance with fire, safety, and health regulations.
- Will be on an on-call coverage rotation.
- High school diploma/equivalent is required.
One year of human services related experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, education or related field is preferred.
For more information, please contact Tracey Jennings at email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete an online application.
YSS hires nicotine free staff only. EOE