Position Duties / Responsibilities
Job Title: Technical Communications Specialist
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Marketing Technology Manager
The Technical Communications Specialist is responsible for compiling and editing material for high-quality product manuals, technical videos, and related technical documentation. This position will collaborate with engineering, customer service, and product management to create collateral that will make our products and processes easier to use and understand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Product Manuals – Collaborate with the Design Engineering and Customer Service Teams to plan, develop, organize, write, and edit product manuals for all product lines
- Design Technical Decals – Work closely with engineering team to design safety decals and equipment operation labels for all product lines
- Develop Operation and Training Videos – Collaborate with the Creative Marketing Specialist to script, shoot, and produce high-quality operation and training videos
- Write Technical Bulletins – Assist the Customer Service and Product Management Teams to craft detailed technical bulletins for our distribution and end-users
- Develop online documentation – Work with Digital Marketing Specialist to create web-based apps and documentation centers for end user ease-of-access of technical material.
- Maintain Knowledge Database – Act as caretaker for our online manual and document library, product specifications vault, and knowledge database.
- Assist Marketing Team – Assist the marketing team as needed with group projects, trade shows, events, social media, and marketing campaigns
- Assist Customer Service Team – Assist Customer Service Team with technical document requests, training program material, and schematic clean-up
- Other duties as assigned
- No direct reports at this time
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Familiar with Apple products and marketing collateral creation software, especially Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography/Videography skill preferred but not required
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable with text, photos, and video
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong creative outlook
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and decisive, yet team focused
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers
Some overnight travel by car or air is expected and amount will be determined by marketing project schedules as well as professional development
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Have or the ability to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) is a plus but not required
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org