Position Duties / Responsibilities
Police Officer - Entry Level
City of Crystal Lake
City of Crystal Lake
100 W. Woodstock Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
CITY OF CRYSTAL LAKE
Invites applications for the position of:
Police Officer – Entry Level
The Crystal Lake Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
Testing is being conducted to fill current full-time Police Officer vacancies and to establish an Eligibility List for future available positions.
Applications are available:
until May 17, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. CST
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- Cash or check payable to the City of Crystal Lake via mail or in-person, or credit card accepted over the phone. City Hall hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- U.S. Citizenship
- No Felony Convictions
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- ONE of the following:
- 60 credit hours of completed coursework from a regionally accredited college or university; OR
- Two (2) years of full-time active and continuous military service in the United States Armed Forces with an honorable discharge; OR
- Service within the past 12 months PRIOR to application deadline (5/17/21) as a full-time certified police officer at another jurisdiction for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Valid Driver's License
- Applicant must be 20 years of age at time of application deadline, and UNDER 35 years of age at time of application deadline, except as otherwise determined by State Statute. Applicants are required to be age 21 by date of hire.
- Must possess a current and valid NIPSTA POWER Test card issued within 12 months PRIOR to the written exam date (cards considered valid only if issued between 5/23/20 – 5/22/21, candidates taking the POWER test after 5/17/21 are required to bring a photocopy of the valid POWER Test card on test day).
- Information regarding the POWER test can be obtained by visiting one of the following:
- Meet Visual Acuity Standard of correctable to 20/20 and shall not be color blind.
- Residency within 40 nautical miles of the Municipal Complex upon completion of probationary period.
- Completion and submission of an online application and all required documentation (see attached checklist), including application fee, by the deadline of May 17, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. CST.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
For additional information, please visit: https://theblueline.com/findAJob/view/10510