Position Duties / Responsibilities
CD Broadcasting- Hampton, IA is seeking a talented On-Air/Play-by-Play Announcer. The ideal candidate is capable of playing a utility position for the team and has a passion for radio. We are looking for someone with a minimum of 1 year experience with Play-by-Play responsibilities across multiple sports. Duties will include sports and news content writing and reading, a regular on air shift, audio production, on location broadcasts, and sports, including play-by-play. Familiarity with basic website updating and social media is a plus. The position is six days a week. You’ll be busy! Our two FM stations cover 13 high schools. We broadcast live action for football, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, baseball and softball. Plus reports for select track and field events.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
● Engaging with listeners on the phone, during contests, and also responsible social media interaction.
● Broadcast live from remote locations and local community and business events.
● Operate control console.
● Conduct on-air interviews in both a live and recorded setting.
● Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
● Play-by-play of area local varsity athletic events.
Requirements of this position include the following:
● A minimum of one year on-air experience.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience using Google Drive, Google Docs and other associated applications ● Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
● Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
● Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
● Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
● Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
● Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
● Be a positive member of a tight-knit team. ● Must have a strong work ethic.
● Must have a valid driver’s license
If you feel you are a qualified candidate, please send sample audio along with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit: www.radioonthego.com
CD Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.