Position Duties / Responsibilities
We are seeking a motivated Molecular Breeding Intern. This position will be located in Ankeny, Iowa, reporting to our Production Genotyping Lead.
The intern will work in one of the largest genetic laboratories in the world. The facility supports molecular breeding efforts with the aim of aiding breeders in bringing new traits and higher yielding elite lines of row crops and vegetables to market in a timely manner. The summer intern will be involved in learning the workflow, methodologies and robotics used in this high-throughput genotyping lab.
The dates for this internship are May 13 - August 2, 2019.
- Assist with development of new methods and process improvements
- Develop and use analytics tools to optimize workflow efficiencies and/or data quality
- Collaborate with several cross-functional teams of scientists to achieve project goals
- Current enrollment in a university within the U.S., pursuing a B.S. degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or related field
- Familiarity with data exploration
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be returning to school to continue program of study upon completion of internship
- Detail and results oriented with ability to work in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Agility in the face of changing demands
- Effective communication skills--written and oral
- General computing knowledge/experience
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction and PCR
- Lab experience outside of coursework
- Previous internship in related area
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Coding or data visualization skills (R, Python, Spotfire)
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.