Do you have an interest in gaining valuable skills and experiences in food safety and food quality? In this internship role, you will apply fundamentals of microbiology principles, practices and procedures.
You are passionate and knowledgeable about scientific principles in research, pathogen detection technology, development of standard operating procedures for the laboratory, and quality control of microbiological testing. You have a high interest in exploring more deeply your major area of study and future career area of interest in food safety and food quality in an opportunity that combines your classroom experience with real world work experience.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world's first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you're ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
- Performs a variety of routine scientific tasks that provide experience and familiarization with technical and other functional areas using the methods, practices, and programs of Sargento Foods Inc. (SFI)
- Ensures compliance with and/or writes testing SOPs and specifications
- Performs testing, equipment maintenance, and calibrations according to accredited methods and standard operating procedures. Accurately performs laboratory testing as determined by SFI's QA plan.
- Applies quality tools and approaches (e.g., root cause analysis, pareto charting, process mapping, cause and effect diagramming, etc.). Collects and evaluates data and writes reports to document deviations from existing programs. Has an understanding of tracking, trending, and data analysis tools.
- Assists in writing, communication, and training of Quality and Food Safety Systems Programs and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains written technical documentation and product and process specifications
Equal Opportunity Employer