Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Marketing department is responsible for generating ticket sales revenue for Jazz at Lincoln Center’s three performance spaces, and plays a key role in audience development strategies for the organization.
In addition, Marketing is responsible for running Jazz at Lincoln Center’s In the Pocket Membership program (charitable gifts $999 and below). For the upcoming fiscal year, the revenue goal for this program is $500k.
The Marketing department seeks an ungraduate or graduate level intern to assist with the research, strategy development, planning, and execution of the Membership program.
- Research and review membership and micro-giving strategies of national and international organizations and make recommendations for applications.
- Research and identify potential markets for growth outside of New York City, and propose strategies for solicitation.
- Assist with renewal, stewardship, and acknowledgement administration.
- Follow up on member requests and customer service issues as needed.
- Identify opportunities to include membership and small giving in all JALC channels and mediums.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute strategy.
- Draft email marketing on behalf of the program.
- Develop and present partnership recommendations for membership benefits.
- Provide on-site event support and coverage for membership activities.
- Participate in daily activities, contribute skills and ideas, and produce high quality work.
- Basic administrative support tasks as necessary.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Superior analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and develop innovative ideas.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer literacy especially a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint. Knowledge or experience with Tessitura optimal, but not required.
- Interest in marketing and/or fundraising in a nonprofit setting.
- Knowledge and appreciation of jazz music, with a willingness to learn.
- Minimum of 20 hours per week, and flexible scheduling within business hours.
- Internship must satisfy school requirements for earning credit. Students must provide relevant school documentation.