Applicants deemed most qualified based on qualifications may be contacted for an interview. Qualified applicants who need a reasonable accommodation in order to interview must inform this office at (515) 283-4213 or TTY at Iowa Relay at 711 or 1-800-735-2942 prior to closing date.
- Distinguishing Features of the Class
Facilitates public information, data collection and marketing/promotion programs to increase public knowledge and awareness of services and development efforts for the City of Des Moines Park and Recreation Department’s various facilities, programs and special events as necessary.
- Acceptable Experience and Training
< >Graduation from high school; and Two to four years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, or related field;A college degree in communications, marketing, advertising or a related field may substituted for two years of required experience.Candidates for positions in this class must pass a post employment offer physical examination and drug screen.
APPLICABLE COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICATION DEADLINE. FAILURE TO SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS MAY RESULT IN APPLICATION DISQUALIFICATION. Required Special Qualifications
- The City of Des Moines Residency Requirement is in effect for this position. Must be a resident of the City of Des Moines within thirteen (13) months of appointment date and maintain residency within the City of Des Moines while employed in this position.
- Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Assists with plans, public relations, and promotional programs to increase attendance at and awareness of departmental sponsored facilities and events.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of departmental web pages.
- Develops advertising, marketing, and promotional kits for special events and trade shows.
- Assists with implementation of an integrated communication plan.
- Designs, lays out and develops brochures, fliers, publications and other promotional pieces.
- Writes and distributes news releases.
- Writes, edits and proofs articles for articles for the City Source, departmental newsletters and other publications as requested.
- Assists and conducts photo and video shoots.
- Provides organizational and logistical support for trade shows conferences, special receptions, open houses or similar promotional events.
- Assists department staff or contractors who manage related marketing programs including advertising, web page, television spots, and promotional materials in support of stated marketing objectives.
- Assists in social media marketing including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Performs related work as required.
1551 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Pkwy
Des Moines, Iowa, 50317
For more information, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/desmoines