Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Manager - Developmental and New Business
KDSM is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Manager-Developmental and New Business who will lead and manage the new business efforts for the local sales team. Meet with the staff 1 on 1 weekly and strategically set up new business plans for the Marketing Consultants to achieve their budgets. This person will be out on calls daily with MC's and present new business with them to clients. Person will distribute leads daily that are received from Jeff Sleete, sees on other local stations or receives from sales management. Person will guide and train the reps on how to secure new business meetings and how to properly do CAN calls and how to present to new business clients.
KDSM is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Marketing / Sales Consultant who will meet or exceed revenue goals by designing creative client campaigns that drive desired business results. We are looking for someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising.
In this position, you will:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
- Develop new business and create results for clients through creative and effective targeted campaigns
- Research and build campaign solutions, including overall branding and creative and ensure campaign execution meets client expectation
- Establish trusting relationships with clients, community and Sinclair and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery and follow-through
- Grow your book of business in alignment with goals while identifying companies that are expanding, relocating, hiring
- Meet or exceed revenue targets for existing, new, and digital business, as well as corporate initiatives and develop a strategy to support achievement of goals
- Grow share of clients’ advertising spend while increasing their overall spend
- Support quality deliverables to drive client results
- Support collection of receivables
- Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective story-telling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation, closing
- Develop capabilities to produce creative and effective campaigns
Our Marketing Consultants are some of the highest commissioned sales people in the industry. If you are interested in selling some of the best media in the industry, we want to hear from you!
- Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset
- Driven by practical results, opportunities to learn, and opportunities to assist others with intention
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
- Superior business acumen related to new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
- Media sales experience preferred and an excellent understanding of tv and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
- Ability to quickly recover from adversity
- Ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people
- Professional appearance a must
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Sinclair Broadcast Group - Careers
|Apply Online URL: