Position Duties / Responsibilities
POSITION TITLE: BT General Maintenance 2nd
Shift 5pm - 5am
|Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
|Approved by: Britt
||Job code: MFMW9034
This position is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the processing equipment as well as regular routine building maintenance in order to keep the plant on line and operating efficiently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Performs mechanical repairs to all production related equipment to insure continuous operation and production.
- Performs any building maintenance including repair to any pumps, motors, gear boxes, bearings as well as preventative maintenance to help the company reduce the cost of mechanical repairs.
- Assists in new equipment and electrical installations.
- Inform Maintenance Lead of any problems and day to day activities.
- Ability to weld stainless steel or a strong desire to learn
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Level 3 High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
• Strong mechanical background with 2-3 years related experience)
Level 3 Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations in English.
Level 4 Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Level 5 Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good written, verbal, interpersonal and record keeping skills
See website for further details. Apply online at //jobs.postholdings.com/michael-foods
or they can apply in person at our facility 1260 HWY 18 Britt, IA 50423
. Any Questions about any position on our website can feel free to reach out to Miriam at 641-843-9306.