Position Duties / Responsibilities
Shelterwood Residential Treatment Agency is seeking young adult Mentors.
At Shelterwood, everything we do drives towards transforming teens and restoring families — and our young adult Mentors are at the heart of it all. These Christian men and women meet teens where they are and speak Gospel truth into their lives. If you know graduates or students who are interested in working with struggling teens in a teen mental health setting, as a teen Mentor, Shelterwood provides an exciting and challenging opportunity.
This is one year of service for Mentors, yet the legacy is lasting: Mentors make a lifetime of impact. This ministry makes a transformational difference not only for struggling teens, but their families and communities as well.
During their year of service, Mentors can expect:
· Free dorm-style room and board
· Beginning monthly stipend ($1,300)
· Training in de-escalation techniques
· Career and professional development
· First Aid and CPR certification
· Medical Distribution certificate
· Ministry opportunities to openly share faith
Mentors have a wide variety of backgrounds, but the biggest qualification is a willing heart. They want to serve God, want to serve teens and want to share their faith in a way that can impact lives. Our requirements for participation:
· Must be 21 years of age or older
· Must have an active faith in Jesus Christ
· Must be willing to relocate to Independence, Missouri
· Must pass State of Missouri background screening and cannot have a recent felony
An undergraduate or graduate degree is preferred but not required. We welcome Mentors throughout the year. Interested students or alumni can learn more about the position
or apply directly
. Shelterwood is located in Independence, Missouri, on more than 200 beautiful acres, within the Kansas City Metro area.
For more information, visit: https://www.shelterwood.org/become-a-mentor/