Position Duties / Responsibilities
The Nashville Sports Council and Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl are excited to offer an exceptional internship opportunity! We deliver internship experience focused on educational and practical activities across a variety of amateur and professional sports in a vibrant city.
Interns may focus in Events & Operations, Marketing & Communications or Development. Additionally, all interns will have the opportunity for cross-functional exposure.
Fall (August – December) – July 15
Spring (January – April) – October 15
Summer (May – August) – March 15
Our Interns have the opportunity to work in exciting areas of our organization! Events & Operations
Perfect for the student with an interest in event management! Reporting directly to our event managers, Interns will:
- Participate in planning process for events.
- Help coordinate volunteer management.
- Assist in event set-up and tear-down, as well as event day operations and management.
If you are looking for a broad and varied marketing experience, we’ve got you covered! Reporting directly to our development management, Interns will:
- Join the marketing staff in promoting downtown engagement.
- Assist in the management of Nashville Sports Council members.
- Be involved in sponsor relations
Marketing & Communications
Are social media and press releases your game? Do you like to talk about marketing strategy? Reporting directly to our Marketing team, Interns will:
- Assist in the development of event marketing and communications plans.
- Have the opportunity to be the social media voice of the Nashville Sports Council and/or Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl.
- Be involved in the creation of communication pieces.
All Interns will…
Participate in event-day operations responsibilities.
Be involved in networking opportunities.
Assist in administrative duties.
Events & Programs Intern - This internship is geared towards the individual with an interest in event management. It is the purpose of the Events Department to successfully market and implement Sports Council events to ensure top quality event management. In addition to departmental work, the Events Intern will be at all Nashville Sports Council and Music City Bowl Inc. events providing operation support as needed. This position reports directly to the Director of Events and Special Programs and the Senior Director of Events and Operations.
- Execute projects, assignments, and general administrative duties as assigned by the Sports Council Staff
- Assist with the overall strategy of Sports Council events by assisting with bids, site visits, research etc.
- Have active role in event day execution and management
- Assist with the Nashville Sports Council Volunteer Program including recruitment, training and outreach
- Work with Nashville Sports Council staff to update event manuals including all updated events and policies
- Create and update databases for participants and attendees of Sports Council events
Development - This internship is specifically geared towards the individual with an interest in development. The Nashville Sports Council has an active membership of 500 members and nearly 200 corporate members. It is the purpose of this department to create and implement programs to retain and increase the membership of the Nashville Sports Council, as well as develop and retain sponsors of the Nashville Sports Council and Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. The position reports to the Directors of Development.
- Assist with corporate and individual membership campaigns.
- Update NEON CRM database for membership program.
- Work on prospect list for new corporate members.
- Update sponsorship agreements for current event sponsors.
- Assist in sponsor fulfillment.
- Attend sponsorship and downtown business engagement meetings with staff.
- Coordinate membership renewal reminders and membership follow-up communications.
- Operational duties for Nashville Sports Council and Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl Events as assigned.
- Assist with general administrative duties.
Marketing & Communications Intern - This internship works with the Marketing staff to help manage brand placement and awareness of the Nashville Sports Council and Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. This includes developing an overall marketing strategy and daily functions such as updating website and social media platforms, operating Nashville Sports Online, managing email marketing campaigns, and designing and implementing various communications pieces. The Communications intern will gain valuable experience in the growing field of web-based technologies, website management, effective communications strategy and measurement tools, generating revenue streams from data collection/database management, and customer service. This position reports to the Directors of Marketing. In addition to departmental work, the Marketing intern will be at all Nashville Sports Council and Music City Bowl, Inc. events providing operational support as needed.
- Assist the staff with internet website (NashvilleSports.com & MusicCityBowl.com) as well as social media platforms.
- Create and update event listings on NashvilleSports.com events calendar.
- Assist in the creation of Nashville Sports Council communication pieces.
- Assist with event marketing & communications plans.
- Coordinate media clips.
- Coordinate communication projects such as souvenir game day program/media guide for the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl.
- Create and edit HTML rich marketing emails used to generate revenue for Nashville Sports Council through paid promotion
- Build and manage online event registration for various events/clients
- Collect and manage RSVPs for the Sports Speaker Series and member activities (i.e., Predators Face-Off Luncheon, Titans Kick Off Luncheon).
- Assist with planning and executing Member Events and Young Professionals Events
- Analyze data used to better project registration/participation trends that help forecast revenue growth.
- Assist with marketing strategies through social media, e-marketing, and website promotion that support growth of our partner events.
- Review current department practices to identify possible improvements.