Position Duties / Responsibilities
Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company has an opening for a Human Resources Intern in their Algona, IA office. The Human Resources (HR) Intern will be given a variety of projects to manage and complete, which will provide them with insight and exposure to many areas within HR, including but not limited to Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Benefits, Wellness and Employee Perks.
The 2020 HR intern will have the opportunity to run a project to revamp the Careers section of our company's website. They will also coordinate a company-wide wellness challenge, assist with the Summer Family picnic, host an HR Happy Hour, and assist with miscellaneous projects related to RICE, anniversaries, compensation and job descriptions.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a project to revamp the Careers section of our website.
- Create and implement content for our Careers page on our website.
- Plan, organize and facilitate an 8 week wellness challenge.
- Work with key stakeholders across the business, communicating status on projects and work tasks, as needed.
- Assist with maintenance of employee files.
- Assist with various HR related projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge or exposure to the basic principles of Human Resources.
- Team player with ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Effectively organizes and prioritizes work.
- Ability to provide effective customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently while paying close attention to detail.
- Utilize computer and related software effectively.
Experience and Education Qualifications
Mandy Shepherd, SHRM-CP |
- Must have completed 1 year of college
- Pursuing a degree in Human Resources or Marketing
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to the Algona, IA, area for the time of the internship
- Company will assist with finding housing. Intern will be responsible for covering the expenses of the stay
Pharmacists Mutual Group
808 HWY 18 W |
PO Box 370
Algona, IA 50511
P. 800.247.5930 ext. 8027