Position Duties / Responsibilities
Job Req: #5500643
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you!
is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Our Mortgage Origination team
builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership. As a Mortgage Consultant we provide answers and guidance regarding mortgage-related products and services for clients, customers, and potential customers. A Mortgage Consultant is responsible for generating mortgage business through inbound and outbound lead generation while working in our professional Centralized Sales Center. Leads and marketing material are provided and self-sourcing of business is not required. Our Mortgage Consultants thrive on customer interaction and never miss an opportunity to enhance and deepen the customer’s relationship. They are skilled Communicators, are organized, have strong integrity, are highly motivated, and strive to reach and meet goals.
- Completing loan applications, pricing loans, locking loan rates and communicating to borrowers during loan process in accordance with WFC policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities may include sourcing business from affiliated business partners.
- Build relationships, showcase and enhance sales skills, assist clients to reach personal financial goals through homeownership, and partner to help build our business.
Site hours: 7am-9pm Monday through Friday and rotating weekends may be required. There will be shift bids. Salary plus commission, incentive.
*****This base plus commission role provides a great opportunity****
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: sales offering products and services to customers based on their needs, home lending experience, collections experience, phone based customer service experience or Military experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Phone contact center experience
- Financial Industry Experience
- Experience helping customers identify solutions
- Ability to multi-task between computer tasks and phone work
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus for some positions
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
Min: $31,200 Mid: $36,000 Max: $45,400
To apply, please visit: https://employment.wellsfargo.com/psc/PSEA/APPLICANT_NW/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.