Position Duties / Responsibilities
The Minnesota Zoo’s creative team is responsible for creating design elements and promotional materials in a variety of mediums and formats. This includes graphic design, Web design, print production assistance, and photography. Internships in this area work with the marketing team to increase public awareness, generate an understanding of, and excitement for, the Minnesota Zoo and its programs.
Year-round Internship Opportunities:
Internships range between 20-40 hours per week for 10-14 weeks. Work schedule is somewhat flexible. Graphic Design Interns typically work Monday-Friday. College credit is required—must have junior or senior status with major coursework toward a degree in graphic design, visual communications, or marketing. Knowledge of industry standard computer programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign.
Responsibilities for the Graphic Design Internship include design and layout of various collateral materials (flyers, schedules, brochures, ads, coupons, catalogs, etc.), and preparing photos for print and Web production.
Duties to include:
- Layout, edit and produce various collateral and promotional print materials
- Create electronic files ready to go to print production
- Manipulate and edit photos and other images for print or Web production
- Assist with multi-media elements for the Zoo’s Web site (flash, videos, photos, blogs, etc.)
- Assist with photography and managing the image library system
- Assist with reference work or additional tasks as needed
For more information, please contact: Internship Coordinator, Human Resources 13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124 E-mail: Human.firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 952.431.9211