Position Duties / Responsibilities
Environmental Safety & Health Specialist
- Maintain regulatory compliance for OSHA required regulations as well as Emerson Corporate Standards.
- Review and implement revisions of ES&H processes, guidelines, programs and policies to plant personnel.
- Perform Accident investigation, root cause analysis, recommendation for actions necessary to prevent recurrence, and track performance.
- Perform Ergonomic Risk Assessments and implement process modifications.
- Development of LOTO procedures.
- Complete machine assessments for proper machine guarding.
- Recommend safety initiatives, solution options and compliance programs to management.
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate ES&H communications and design/revise training programs for OSHA required programs, BBS implementation and general safety awareness.
- Maintenance of monthly ES&H inspections/internal audits and disposition of open action items.
- Recognition, evaluation and mitigation of workplace hazards including development and implementation of processes, JHA/SOPs, work procedures, programs and training.
- Knowledgeable on Hazardous waste identification, storage, and transport requirements.
- Develop and lead safety initiative teams.
- Manage and develop site emergency response capabilities.
- Ability to communication with a variety of audiences including company and corporate personnel, union and government officials.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S) from four-year college or university in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene/Safety, Environmental Mgmt./Engineering, Safety engineering, preferred. A.A. Degree, plus 3-5 years’ related experience in ES&H may be considered.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and identity of safety and health risks associated with manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of Environmental regulations with IDNR specifics.
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety elements including OSHA federal and state standards.
- Familiarity with Industrial Hygiene testing and standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong public speaking/training skills.
- Strong analytical skills including root cause analysis such as Ishikawa diagram, Pareto analysis, change analysis, five whys, etc.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Strong organizational, planning and decision making skills required with ability to work as a team member.
- Aggressive self-starter.
- Ability to lead a robust ES&H training program.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.