Position Duties / Responsibilities
Danfoss in Ames, Iowa
is searching for an EH&S Co-op
for Summer and Fall 2020. The Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Co-op will play an integral part in the implementation of a comprehensive EH&S Program for the facility.
Background and Skills
- Currently pursuing a degree in Industrial Technology (Environmental Health & Safety focus is preferred), Occupational Safety, or a related field
- Ability to work independently and effectively with employees at all levels across the business
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) through summer and fall semesters, beginning in May 2020
We are Engineering Tomorrow
- Assist in accident investigations by determining root cause and developing systems for accident prevention including hierarchy of controls
- Support business safety projects for 2020
- Assist with pedestrian and forklift risk assessment within operations
- Lead chemical inventory management
- Assist in robotic machining center risk assessments including risk reduction control proposals and alternative methods for lockout tagout
- Machine guarding risk reduction for automated painting operations
- Ergonomic risk reduction project assessments using Humantech software
- Develop cart ergonomic standardization, i.e. push and pull forces
The world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner – using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected – and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate.
Danfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is a leading technology company where you get to work with – and learn from – expert colleagues with a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future.
Please watch how Danfoss is engineering tomorrow
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Here is the link to apply: