Position Duties / Responsibilities
Domestic Rights Internship at
Perseus Books, a division of Hachette Book Group
This is a paid internship in the subsidiary rights department of Perseus Books, a division of the Hachette Book Group
About the Rights Department:
The Perseus Books rights department is made up of domestic subsidiary rights and international subsidiary rights. We are responsible for managing and selling the rights granted to the publisher by the author. These include, but are not limited to: foreign translation, magazine serialization, book club, film/TV, audio, reprints, and permissions.
- Maintain the generic department email accounts.
- Review author contracts and publisher licenses to determine rights.
- Assist with permission grants and alternate format for disability requests for all Hachette Book Group titles.
- Monitor piracy and copyright infringement of Perseus Books titles.
- Assist with TV/Film prop requests for all Hachette Book Group titles.
- Compile metadata for permission vendors.
- Various administrative tasks such as mailing, ordering review copies, sending PDFs to licensees, and scanning sub-rights contracts.
- Junior and Senior undergraduates are welcome to apply.
- Interested in the business of publishing in addition to the literary aspects.
- Excellent at verbal and written communication (an emphasis on clarity!).
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and dependable.
- Able to work independently and in a timely manner.
Selected candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information, visit: http://jobs.jobvite.com/hachette-book-group/job/obGC5fwi