Position Duties / Responsibilities
The Minnehaha County Sheriff's Office
, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, invites applications to join our patrol team as a Deputy Sheriff
. Our agency's mission is to preserve public safety and quality of life in Minnehaha County
and we are looking for individuals who are motivated and encouraged to fulfill our mission. We are preparing for anticipated openings in 2019 so even students who are still in school and not graduating until 2019 are encouraged to apply!
Sioux Falls has been named #1 on Forbes 2018 list of Best Small Cities for Business and Career for the 2nd year in a row!
WHAT DOES A CAREER WITH THE MINNEHAHA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE OFFER YOU?
For more information or to apply, please visit:
- Paid training to become a certified law enforcement officer
- Advanced, continuous training throughout your career
- 12 hour shifts / 15 shifts a month / Full-time position
- Fri/Sat/Sun off EVERY other week
- Overtime Opportunities
- Diverse specialization and advancement potential (see attached flyer for details!)
- The opportunity to partner with our community professionals to provide useful resources while improving the quality of life and promoting the best community in which to live, learn, work, and raise a family
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; generous PTO and extended sick leave programs; inclusion into the South Dakota Retirement System (SDRS); and an optional deferred compensation plan
- $23.02/hr - $24.80/hr with a full earning potential up to $33.34/hr