Position Duties / Responsibilities
Job Posting Title:
Associate Quality Systems Technologist
Position Title: Assoc. Quality Systems Technologist, Food Safety & Quality
Location: New Hampton, IA
Reports To (title): QA Manager
Department: Quality Assurance
Effective Date: 10/23/2020
- Supports FS&Q Manager with respect to the facility’s Food Safety Plan, Food Defense Plan, Food Quality Plan and related prerequisite programs including, but not limited to: formula control, mock trace and recall, consumer complaint management, GMPs, sanitation, pest control, allergen control, environmental pathogen control, sanitation effectiveness, calibration, document control, kosher, SPC, corrective and preventative actions, and verification and validation programs.
- Conduct daily record review as prescribed in facility’s Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Troubleshoots problems and implements corrective actions through root cause analysis.
- Assist FS&Q Manager with Regulatory inspections, GFSI certification. Identity Preserved Certification Audits, and Customer visits as needed.
- Represents the Food Safety & Quality department for continuous improvement initiatives. Supports compliance within the TreeHouse Management Operating System to help drive a culture of FS&Q and Continuous Improvement.
- Conducts Consumer Complaint investigations and works with FS&Q Manager on responses.
- Supports RDI plant trials and/or projects that qualify new ingredients, suppliers, formulas or processes.
- Maintain and update the plant product specification database as needed.
- Obtains proficiency on all lab and production line FS&Q checks.
- Acts as a back-up in the absence of a Quality Technicians as required.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 0-2 years’ experience in food manufacturing, scientific laboratory or similar industries is a plus.
- Familiarity in using continuous improvement tools and fundamentals.
- Must possess sound problem-solving skills, be analytical, and creative to investigate problems to recommend and implement solutions.
- Efficient computer skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and familiarity with programs such as SAP, Infinity-QS and Trace gains an asset.
Preferred Attributes: Possess strong interpersonal skills, along with good verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to influence change, problem solve, and the willingness to spend time in the plant with the team members on all shifts. Self-motivated and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disability
For more information, please visit: https://treehouse.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TreeHouseCareers/job/IA-New-Hampton/Associate-Quality-Systems-Technologist_R13443