Position Duties / Responsibilities
Do you dream of working with a development team that already has it’s legs under them? Do you want your work to be visible and impact things that really matter? Do you want a voice in how our development team works to deliver value every day? If so, we’re hiring a Ruby on Rails developer and we’d like to talk to you.
The Surety industry is advancing and we’re taking the lead. Our team is always interested in meeting today’s technology innovators. Our unique structure and environment allows our team members to collaborate on projects, be successful at what drives them, and make an impact company-wide.
Successful Application Developers have skills to discover the problems that need to be solved, to build software and automated tests that are high quality and maintainable, and to deliver iteratively and often at a sustainable pace.
Job duties include:
- Assists in the re-architecture of web applications to integrate with existing applications.
- Employs agile development methodologies such as pair programming, test first development and short iterations cycles.
- Develops code, debugs and implements web tools, applications and websites. Tests program and linkage as an integrated system.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures related to database design and maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains databases for user tests and production purposes.
Characteristics of a Merchants Developer:
- Think logically and interpret business needs into effective web applications that meet protocol standards.
- Develop applications in a variety of software systems and have above average attention to detail
- Work with a high degree of accuracy and be able to troubleshoot complex computer code
- Communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Generally be awesome
Merchants’ reputation sets us above the competition. The visionary leaders understand what it takes to succeed. Merchants’ growth has remained in the double digits for over 10 years.
Merchants has a 37.5 hour workweek with flexible scheduling, height adjustable workstations and an on-site fitness center. Continual learning is not only encouraged, it’s directly supported through conferences and other learning opportunities. Our compensation, time-off and benefit package rivals much larger corporations.
You could follow the crowd but we know you want to aspire to something greater. Click “apply” or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are you waiting for? You’ve been invited!
To learn more about Merchants Bonding Company, what we do, and why we are great, click here: https://www.merchantsbonding.com/careers.aspx