Position Duties / Responsibilities
ADMINISTRATIVE INTERNSHIPS & STUDENT VOLUNTEERS
Goodspeed Musicals' Administrative Internship & Student Volunteer Programs welcome qualified applicants from colleges and universities. A major goal of the programs is to serve as a training ground for aspiring theatre professionals. These programs offer interns and volunteers experiential learning and networking opportunities, complimentary tickets to Goodspeed productions and productions at other theatres when available, the opportunity to earn college credit through an academic institution, the ability to view archival Goodspeed production footage, regular seminars taught by Goodspeed staff members, meetings with staff members, a tour of Goodspeed facilities, access to the world-renowned Scherer Library of Musical Theatre and educational opportunities tailored to interns’ or volunteers' individual interests. Each administrative department determines hours and commitment for internship and volunteer positions individually. All internships are unpaid.
- The intern must be enrolled in an educational institution beyond the high school level.
- The intern must provide a letter or some form of documentation from an educational institution stating that the internship is being completed for educational purposes and that the intern is earning credit for completing the internship. (Required before your internship begins.) If you cannot receive credit, see Student Volunteer section below.
- The intern must be able to provide their own transportation and local housing (except Company Management Intern).
STUDENT VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
- The volunteer must be enrolled in an educational institution beyond the high school level.
- The volunteer is NOT required to be earning credit for the experience, but must pay a $10 volunteer fee.
- The volunteer must be able to provide his or her own transportation and local housing (except Company Management volunteer)
Fill out the online application. The application will ask you to upload the following:
- Cover letter that includes a statement about what you expect to learn and contribute through a Goodspeed internship or volunteer position
- Contact information for 3 references
If you have any questions, please contact Goodspeed's Education & Outreach Manager, Erin Lafferty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.873.8664 x521.
For more information or to apply, visit: http://www.goodspeed.org/education-library/internships