If you are instructed by the emergency floor coordinator to evacuate the building:
- Remain calm and turn off all equipment.
- Do not take personal items with you.
- Close doors behind you while exiting.
- Listen to the Emergency Floor Coordinator for specific evacuation instructions.
- Walk, do not run.
- Do not go into the restrooms.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Assemble at the nearest stairwell and proceed to the ground floor.
- At the ground floor, all persons should exit the building and go directly to the designated assembly areas.
- Once you have arrived at the assembly area, check in with your EFC so they can account for you.
- Assist your EFC by determining if all persons from your area have been located.
- Planning for such emergencies includes acquainting yourself with evacuation routes and your EFC.
Emergency Floor Coordinators:
- Emergency floor coordinators (EFCs) will assist in the evacuation of all personnel. Be sure to know your EFC.
- If an EFC asks you to assist them in the evacuation (i.e. guiding others, carrying disabled persons, etc.) please comply with their request.
- It is imperative that you “check-in” with your EFC at the assembly area so that they can keep track of all occupants designated to their floor.
Fieldhouse: Primary Evacuation Assembly area
Atrium: Alternate Evacuation Assembly area
Emergency Dial: 9.911
Facilities Services Dial: #8173
After Hours Dial: 9.585.6801