Bomb Threats - Telephone
Telephone threats can be received by any person at anytime, but usually will be received by a main switchboard operator or persons in a sensitive area.
If you receive a telephone threat:
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible. Listen carefully. Note the time of call, the telephone number called and telephone number of the caller if available.
- Write down any pertinent information such as background noises, gender of caller, and voice pitches and pattern.
- Ask the caller the following questions:
- Where is the bomb?
- When will it explode?
- What does the bomb look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What is your name and motive for placing the bomb?
- Are you an employee?
- Call 9.911 immediately.
- Always err on the side of safety by evacuating the area if there is any possible danger.
For Bomb Threats Dial: 9.911
Notify Facilities Services #8173