Bomb Threats - Packages/Written
Mail bombs or bomb threats may be received by a number of means including standard mail, package delivery service or truck. If you receive a written threat or suspicious parcel:
- Notify 9.911 immediately.
- Do not attempt to open the parcel. If suspicious parcel has already been opened save all packing materials.
- Do not place the article in water or a confined space such as a desk drawer.
- Do not go near it or touch it.
- Do not let anyone go near it or touch it.
- Do not use a portable radio within 100 feet of the package.
- Write down any pertinent information such as details concerning the delivery and receipt of the package, suspicious odor, etc.
- Always err on the side of caution. If you feel that the parcel may indeed be an explosive device, calmly alert individuals in your area to leave quietly and contact 9.911 immediately.
For Bomb Threats, Dial: 9.911
Then Notify Facilities Services #8173