Founded in response to the 9-11 attacks, the Department of Homeland Security is the largest federal law enforcement agency in the United States. Waldorf’s Bachelor of Applied Science in Homeland Security is designed to provide an in-depth background related to Department of Homeland Security practices. Waldorf’s B.A. program focuses on strategies to protect the American homeland, including prevention, planning, and response measures related to terrorist threat.
Emergency Management Concentration
Waldorf’s Emergency Management concentration provides foundational knowledge and initial exposure to the Emergency Management field. Learners explore a variety of areas within the discipline, including the four phases of emergency management, terrorism in emergency management, as well as interagency disaster management. This concentration is designed for students seeking entry-level exposure to the emergency management field, as well as for professionals in industries such as fire science, homeland security, and EMT administration who are seeking to bolster their emergency management background.
Estimated time to complete this bachelor’s degree program is four years with full-time enrollment.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Remaining Professional Electives||48|
|EMG||3001||Disaster Mitigation and Preparedness||3|
|EMG||3002||Disaster Response and Recovery||3|
|EMG||3100||Terrorism in Emergency Management||3|
|EMG||4001||Interagency Disaster Management||3|
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:||12|