Fire up your career with a Bachelor of Science in Fire Science Administration from Waldorf University. This program presents a balanced curriculum and contains courses identified by the National Fire Academy, U.S. Fire Administration and the National Fire Protection Association for use in academic settings. Special emphasis is placed on:
- management and leadership techniques;
- organizational and professional communications;
- problem solving;
- and other programmatic solutions to fire science operational problems.
Waldorf’s Bachelor of Science in fire science administration is recognized by the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education Recognition Program (FESHE).
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, a 7 percent growth is expected in fire fighting occupations through 2022 with many cities moving away from volunteer fire services.
Estimated time of completion of this program is 4 years for full-time students.
This program is available online only.
B.A./B.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the core curriculum and the curriculum for the major, totaling 120 credits
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf
- Minimum of 36 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
*Courses can be selected from the list provided or any course not used to satisfy other program requirements.