Waldorf’s online communications degree will prepare you for many exciting positions within the communications industry by combining a liberal arts education with specific job skills and service to the greater community. Waldorf will help you improve your proficiency in written and verbal communication, visual literacy and multimedia skills.
Using their professional media experience and research into successful programs from throughout the country, the professors at Waldorf have built a strong program based on several key principles:
- Experienced Faculty Members
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Practical Experience
- Student Capstone
Estimated time to complete this bachelor’s degree program is four years with full-time enrollment.
Required hardware is listed within the course descriptions in the course catalog.
Waldorf’s Communications program requires a Mac or Windows compatible computer with the minimum specifications needed to operate Adobe Creative Cloud.
Required software is listed within the course descriptions in the course catalog and below.
Pricing for Adobe CC (Creative Cloud), one of the primary software packages used in the program
Adobe Creative Cloud is required for the following courses:
- COM 1010, Introduction to Graphic Design
- COM 2010, Visual Theory
- COM 3020, Radio Production
- COM 3030, Television/Film Production
- COM 3400, Digital Imaging
- COM 4010, Web Design
- COM 4520, Senior Capstone
Additional Hardware and Software Requirements
Additional required hardware and software is listed within the course descriptions in the course catalog and below.
- COM 1020, Introduction to Digital Technology requires Video Camera; Camera; Keynote or equivalent; Final Cut Pro X or equivalent.
- COM 3020, Radio Production requires an External Microphone; Avid Pro Tools or equivalent.
- COM 3030, Television/Film Production requires Video Camera; Final Cut Pro X or equivalent.