Provides primary, secondary, and tertiary teachers with the necessary skills to develop and present online content through a variety of distance modalities.
Course Textbook: This course does not utilize a textbook.
Course Cost: 325
Note: CE courses are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid, Military Tuition Assistance or Learning Partner Discounts.
CEUs Earned Upon Course Completion: 2.6
Course Length: This course is a 10 week, self-paced, open enrollment course. Once students complete the course with a 70% or higher within the 10-week time frame, they will receive a certificate of completion that list the 2.6 CEUs earned. Course must be paid for in full before student is eligible to receive certificate of completion.
- Discuss online course content development & role of instructional designer
- Illustrate the content design for an online course
- Differentiate content development methods for face to face versus the virtual classroom space (e.g., written lectures, video presentations and audio components)
- Examine learning engagement strategies to create an online learning community (e.g., discussion, blogs, teamwork)
- Discuss best practices used in designing online instruction Examine various assessment instruments that can be included in the development of online instruction (e.g., projects, case studies, experiential learning and engaging assignments).
- Identify the resources necessary for online course development & delivery
- Examine online instructional design strategy (e.g., outline, micro learning, personalization, retrieval, space learning, feedback)
- Discuss Strategies to teach online
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.