Salveson Hall was dedicated in October 1903 before an audience of thousands—including an impressively dressed St. Olaf’s band. This building, also known as the Main Building for its “central role in the life of the college community” was named for the Reverend C.S. Salveson, the first president of Waldorf College. A 1923 issue of the Lobbyist spoke of Salveson Hall’s Lobby as one of the main features of the school.
Today, Salveson Hall remains one of the central features of campus. It’s home to the Office of the President, the Registrar’s Office, Ballroom, Online offices and more.