***SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING AVAILABLE****
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies, Capital Semester combines substantive internships, 12 academic credits, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by policy experts. This fast-paced, fifteen-week residential program provides undergraduate students from around the world with opportunities to gain the edge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
SAMPLE PAST INTERNSHIP SITES
• Aerospace Industries Association
• American Legislative Exchange Council
• Children’s Rights Council
• Congressional Offices
• First Book
• Foreign Embassies
• Institute for World Politics
• New Leaders for New Schools
• Philanthropy Roundtable
• U.S. Department of Education
• U.S. Department of Justice
• U.S. Department of the Treasury
• Internships – Competitive placements with government agencies, congressional offices, public policy groups, international affairs organizations and nonprofit organizations
• Housing – Roommate matching and furnished Capitol Hill apartments in the heart of D.C.
• Classes – Full-time course load in political science and economics
• Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top policy and economics experts
• Exclusive Briefings – At the World Bank, State Department, U.S. Capitol and Federal Reserve
• Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
• Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and student leaders from around the world
• Scholarships – Generous scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the deadlines. There is a substantial amount of scholarship funding available, and awards are made based on financial need and merit.
For more information and an online application, please visit our website www.DCInternships.org/CS or contact Dana Faught, Recruitment and Admissions Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-986-0384.
Manager, Recruitment & Admissions
The Fund for American Studies
For more information: Waldorf College is a four-year liberal arts college offering 20 bachelor degree programs in a variety of popular fields both residential and online. For over a century, Waldorf has provided a signature student experience through an engaging community of learning and faith. That community has now expanded beyond the campus through Waldorf’s distinct approach to online education. Waldorf’s academic programs combine a strong liberal arts base with applied learning. Co-curricular programs ranging from the second oldest a capella choir in the nation, to an outstanding theatre program, to highly competitive athletic teams, provide students with a wide range of opportunities for meaningful participation in personal development. Waldorf is committed to engaging its students in service and in bringing the world to its students through international student recruitment and study-abroad programs. Every student is challenged to excel in Waldorf’s community where students are treated with dignity and respect. The college has an attractive campus with 14 major buildings and excellent resources.
Copyright © 2014 Waldorf College | Forest City, Iowa 50436 800.292.1903 (Residential Programs) | 877.267.2157 (Online Programs)
Sitemap | FERPA | Gainful Employment Disclosure | Privacy